WE ARE RECRUITING!
Sanderson Borland is new and exciting the architectural studio who have established a their own fast growing property development company based in Glasgow, Manchester and Edinburgh. Our model of building, designing and maintaining our portfolio is a unique business model in the industry.
Often working on sensitive sites, with an existing portfolio of architectural work, Sanderson Borland works in direct partnership with their sister company Harrison Hunt to develop a mix use of bespoke residential homes throughout the UK. This is an exciting opportunity for creative and dynamic individuals to be at the forefront of this new business and work within a talented, accomplished and a very streamlined, ambitious team.
Reporting to the Practice Directors, you will also be working closely with the development Director, external professionals and Company Owners, along with senior personnel and your architectural colleagues, to:
- Advise Architects at RIBA Stages 1, 2 and 3 in development of architectural designs
- Lead development of architectural designs, related information and reports prepared by others
- Lead a support team of technical staff, and occasionally recently qualified Architects and Assistant Architects, through RIBA Stage 4 and into Stage 5
- Assist and support Project Runner at RIBA Stages 5, 6 and 7.
- Perform the role of Project Runner at RIBA Stages 5, 6 and 7 reporting to Associate or Partner
- Evaluate material and products for durability and whole life properties
- Demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and construction detailing
- Demonstrate an interest in gaining knowledge of conservation repair and construction detailing
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of specialist restrictions of working in heritage environments
- Demonstrate excellent AutoCAD capabilities and knowledge
- Liaise directly with Heritage Consultant, Ecologist, MEP Engineer and Structural Engineer to coordinate design of Works Packages
- Coordinate Works Packages with Cost Consultant
- Coordinate Works Packages and Tender issue for traditional procurement
- Coordinate Works Packages with Principal Contractors outside traditional procurement when applicable
- Demonstrate techniques and best practice to enable peer to peer learning
- Demonstrate proactive approach to project Social Value initiative
The successful candidate will evidence keen attention to detail and high-quality examples of work submitted with their applications. Please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Part I/II Architectural Assistant
The successful candidates will evidence keen attention to detail and high quality examples of work submitted with their applications. You will need to be able to display a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and understanding of Sanderson Borland’s projects and culture.We will be looking for the below experience in all applications submitted:
- A strong eye for detail
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Clear and precise written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised, proactive and enthusiastic approach to work and projects
If the above sounds like you, please submit a copy of your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org